Thursday, November 11, 2010

The NYC Horror Film Festival (11/10-11/14)

The NYC Horror Film Festival kicked off yesterday. It runs from 11/10-11/14 and is at Tribeca Cinemas (54 Varick Street @ Canal St).

**TANGENT ALERT!**

It seems I couldn't get a press pass for this but was given a mild discount. It goes to show you the horror blogosphere which I'm proud to be a part of is not taken seriously as I thought. Would you rather have a blurb on Bloody Disgusting or Dread Central or a couple of in depth posts detailing the experience to the horror community? I'm not sure if I'll go to any of the programs because of this. I'm a NYC horror blogger trying to cover a NYC horror film festival. I think I qualify at press at this point. But I digress.

I think bloggers are just as important as horror journalists but in the eyes of a film festival such as this, they don't think so. But again I digress.

**END TANGENT ALERT!**

THE GUESTS


The guests this year are top notch I'll admit. Robert Englund, Michael Wright, Michael Gingold, Bill Lustig, Joe Mauceri and Tony Todd will hold a panel discussion on Saturday.

THE FEATURE FILMS

I've added trailers to the list of feature films screening at this year's event. Each program will have one feature, a couple of shorts. A couple of films that were on my radar are Yellow Brick Road, Won Ton Baby! and The Pack. I've seen Ticked off Trannies with Knives which was kooky interesting to say the least.

Check out the list of films below with TRAILERS!

Bereavement (11/11 @7pm)





Yellow Brick Road (11/12 @7:30pm)




Don't Go in the Woods (11/12 @9pm)






The Pack (11/13 @ 2pm)




Outcast (11/13 @ 4:30pm)




Ticked off Trannies with Knives (11/13 @ 7:30pm)






Kiss the Abyss (11/14 @ 4:30pm)




Won Ton Baby! (11/14 @ 7:30 pm)





Also on 11/13, Robert England will receive a Lifetime Achievemant Award and there will also be a screening of a Nightmare on Elm Street. A panel discussion on 11/14 will also be held and moderated.

A few solid flicks in this year's festival. If you're in the NYC area and a horror fan, you should check out one of the programs on tap. Tickets for each Program are $16 while an entire All Access Pass is $160.

Head over to the official site for more info.

3 comments:

  1. The trouble is not that the Blogging community is not respected enough, it's more they rather give out passes, to well known sites rather than the lesser known ones. Still I suppose if you were a studio whore like Harry Knowles you'd probebly have no problem getting a pass either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you're probably right. I'm sure non horror sites and media are covering this event to which limits the amount of press passes they can give out. But you'd think they'd like to broaden their appeal to the blogosphere for an event like this.

    I wonder if the horror blogosphere's audience is bigger than one of the major horror sites. I don't see why not with over 100 horror blogs out there and some crossover potential.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun! Wish I could go but I'll be out in Cincinnati for HorrorHound. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete