Friday, November 07, 2008

JCVD (US and NYC Premiere)


I'm so fuckin excited. Today I'm going to see the NYC premiere of JCVD at the Angelika. If you're in the NYC area, you should check it out.

Van Damme was suppose to do a live appearance Q and A after the screening but crap, he had to do reshoots of his new movie Full Love. Fuckity, fuck...

I had so many questions for him.

Will there be Replicant 2?
Will the success of JCVD propel him back to theatrical spinkicking US blockbuster releases?
Can he kick Tony Jaa's ass?
What the hell happened to "Kumite"? Is that shit still in the works?

Dammit. What a lost opportunity.

Oh well. But JCVD is getting tons of great reviews. The trailer looks megatastic.

I'm expecting spinkicks galore.

Check out the trailer one more time.







Tags:
, , , , , , ,

3 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! I missed seeing this at TIFF because they only showed it once at the beginning of the fest. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be looking forward to your review!

    As for your questions - is there a need for Replicant 2? :-)

    I'm sure that Jaa can take him!

    Kumite - that would Rock!

    I actually met him, way back when, and he seemed to be a jerk - maybe now that he's "not all that" anymore, he is more friendly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to check this one out. I got an invite to some New York screening (probably this one) but seeing as I live in California...well, I didn't make it.

    ReplyDelete