Monday, July 28, 2008

Friday the 13th (Remake) (Trailer)


Yes fellow readers, the jaded viewer also covers *some* mainstream horror movies and news. And so low and behold the poster for the "reimagining" of Friday the 13th is above.

I love the the 13th series (even some of the shitty sequels) . I think Jason Voorhees is the greatest slasher of all time. But I have my doubts about this remake. It looks....well a little Final Destination-ish with a mix of some Rob Zombie Halloween. To me, 21st century Jason is very bland compared to 1980's Jason. 1980's Jason seemed to evoke more menace.

It may have had to do with the heavy breathing.

The remake is being directed by Marcus Nispel who directed Pathfinder (a Vikings vs Indians 300 ripoff)

UGO.com has some plot tidbits and spoilers.

So will this remake kick ass? What do you think?

Well we'll soon find out on February 13th, 2009.

Check out the bootleg Comic Con trailer below.




Tags:
, , , , , , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment