Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Dead (Trailer)

I rarely post any mainstream news on here but I gotta say, after seeing the trailer for The Dead, I got flashbacks of Lucio Fulci's Zombi 2. Damn this looks awesome. I thought the zombie film was a shotgun to the head away from dying, but I might be wrong.

I'm not too excited about George A. Romero's Survival of the Dead as the early exit interviews have been ripe with "ugh" and "WTF". But The Dead, directed by the Ford Bros. looks like a zombie classic waiting to happen.

Here be the plot (via Dread Central)

After crashing off the coast, Lt Brian Murphy battles for survival across the vast terrains of Africa in search for a way to get back to his beloved family. Joined by local military man Daniel Dembele who is also searching for his son, together both men join forces all the while battling against the ever present threat of the living dead!

the jaded viewer says:
African zombies!!! Head shots! Slow moving zombies! An American soldier on the run. Damn this sounds like Resident Evil 4! OMG! It is!

Check out the trailers below.





Latest trailer...



3 comments:

  1. I definitely see the allusion to Zombi, but I think another cool thing is hopefully more films will continue to come from Africa. It'd be a great way to revitalize their economy and get some more kick ass looking films like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This better have an eye gouge scene. And its considered mainstream? Looks fairly indie to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very indie film but all the major horror sites had this new trailer up. When I post a trailer I try to find the hard to find stuff but the major horror sites got good picks too.

    Totally Zach. Africa has that Matool Zombi like vibe. Please no more zombie Americans at a mall.

    ReplyDelete