Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Best Horror Movies of 2008 (Compilation from other sites)

I like to peruse what other horror sites have ranked as the top horror movies of 2008 before creating my own. Usually they may have some movie on their list I missed watching. More likely, they may have the same picks as I do.

To make it easier for you guys so you don't have to keep googling or going from site to site for everybody's top 10 lists, I've compiled everything for you below. If I missed a site top 10 list, please let me know so I can add it in. Hell, if you have a list let me know and I'll add it in.

Go ahead and argue your points in the comments section. I'd love to hear what you all think about the year in horror.

My 5 spinkick movies of 2008 will appear tomorrow and my Top 10 Horror movies of 2008 will be posted on Friday.

So get your yelling on and check out the links below.











submit to reddit


Share

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the plug JV!
    [especially since mine wasn't completely horror related, but a mixture of all the genres]

    Looking forward to reading yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll agree that Diary of the Dead was awful. I actually was really hoping that it was one huge joke. But judging from all of Romero's interviews about the film he actually took what he did pretty seriously.

    You're calling Cloverfield & The Strangers awful but have Midnight Meat Train & Jack Brooks on your list?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it was the hype that made me dislike Cloverfield. I'll admit, we may have our American monster now, but hand held vids are a horrible cliched cinema technique.

    As for the Strangers, I compare it to Funny Games (watch the original or remake) and tell me the truth, which one is better.

    I'll defend MMT and Jack Brooks. Both made me applaud after seeing it which I can say Clover and Strangers didn't in its 80 or so minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete