If you haven't heard of the name Garth Ennis, it's a shame. Ennis is one of the most influential comic book writers today. From Hellblazer to the awesome Preacher comics, his resume is iconic.
But if you're looking for something different, a comic book with a ironic and sarcastic twist, The Boys is where it's at.
On Complex.com's list of the Top 40 Most Violent Comics Ever, Ennis The Boys is #21 while Preacher is #1. So what the hell is this about?
Published now by Dynamite Entertainment,the series is set in a contemporary world very much similar to real one, with one notable exception: a number of people have some form of superpower. The series follows a superpowered CIA squad, known informally as "The Boys", whose job it is to keep watch on superheroes and, if necessary, intimidate or kill them.
Trust me, it's good shit.
It makes fun of all the superhero stereotypes and does it harshly and more fucked up than you can imagine.
I'm going to try to do a Comics You're Not Reading post periodically so you can know what graphic novels Hollywood will probably turn into live action flicks.
Go read The Boys.
With the remake of The Last House on the Left coming out today, I'd figure I'd get you noobs caught up on this subgenre of exploitat...
**Hello fellow Redditors, it seems you are all curious of this haunted house that other haunted houses are afraid of. I'll be posting m...
**Hello fellow Redditors, it seems you are all curious of this haunted house that other haunted houses are afraid of. I'll be posting ...
It's now a bicoastal phenomenon. When I first started writing these walkthroughs in 2010 and 2011 , they were more so therapy for m...
After my random discovery of this YouTube subculture that embraces sick and twisted fucked up films , I have to say I applaud some of them f...
. . . **Hello fellow Redditors, it seems you are all curious of this haunted house that other haunted houses are afraid of. I'll ...
courtesy of Blackout Haunted House Well a lot has happened since I posted my 2011 review of Blackout Haunted House. Blackout made the f...
I recently bought Kentucky Fried Movie for $5. Yup, five measly dollars. John Landis's kooky, spoofy, sketch o rama is still funny toda...
Let's talk horror remakes OK? Some people love horror remakes, some don't. Some people fall somewhere in the middle. I'm on...
[This is just a review of Blackout Elements. A spoiler filled walkthrough will follow after the show's run ends.] Well if you'r...
- ► 2013 (41)
- ► 2012 (78)
- ► 2011 (156)
- ► 2010 (237)
- The 10 Best Black Films Of The 1990s
- A Final Destination Friday Giveaway
- Screwballs (DVD Review)
- The 5 Types of Moviegoers who Watch Horror Movies
- The WTF List: District 9 Edition
- Forgotten Horror Hottie: Lindy Booth
- The WTF List: G.I. Joe Edition
- 5 Horror Movies that shaped my horror psyche
- The Tournament (Official Full Trailer)
- Stake Land (Teaser Trailer)
- The Horror Continuum (Video Edition)
- Anthony Zuiker's Level 26: Dark Origins (The First...
- G.I. JOE: Cold Slither (A Forgotten Classic Joe Ep...
- Zombieland (Exclusive "Rules" Clips)
- The Thread: What was the Worst of Freddy's demise...
- A Perfect Getaway (Review)
- Uwe Boll Rampage (Trailer)
- Incest Death Squad (Trailer)
- Nature's Grave (Review)
- The Boys (Comics You Are Not Reading)
- Screwballs (DVD Release Date)
- Black Devil Doll (Review)
- ▼ August (22)
- ► 2008 (178)
- ► 2007 (21)
2014 Haunted House Reviews
The WTF Lists
2006-2014 The Jaded Viewer. Powered by Blogger.