I never heard of Jeremiah Kipp until he sent over a link to his latest short Contact. But a quick search on his name and his career comes into clear view on the interweb. So never turning a deaf ear on the indie scene, I watched the short (and you can view here).
the jaded viewer says: Simply, its a story about a couple (a black dude who look like Andre 3000 and a white woman) who score some crack, get naked and smoke it. But it's done a little more avante garde than that.
Entirely in black and white, the film I thought was a silent short until somebody spoke and seems to echo a message that drugs are indeed a virus that can break up the family mold.
It's shot nicely, the establishing scenes are very dark but with light filtering in. The naked drug use gives way to some surrealistic kissing hallucinations that were top notch.
Contact is a dream that seems like a nightmare but we don't know which is true. Not sure what the message is, but for a 10 minute short, it's going to make you think twice on doing hard drugs. Just say No, but say yes to this short.
It is online as part of the IndieRoar Online Film Competition (www.indieroar.com).
More info about Jeremiah Kipp go here: http://www.colonelscrypt.com/Interviews/Jeremiah%20Kipp/index.htm
With the remake of The Last House on the Left coming out today, I'd figure I'd get you noobs caught up on this subgenre of exploitat...
**Hello fellow Redditors, it seems you are all curious of this haunted house that other haunted houses are afraid of. I'll be posting m...
**Hello fellow Redditors, it seems you are all curious of this haunted house that other haunted houses are afraid of. I'll be posting ...
It's now a bicoastal phenomenon. When I first started writing these walkthroughs in 2010 and 2011 , they were more so therapy for m...
. . . **Hello fellow Redditors, it seems you are all curious of this haunted house that other haunted houses are afraid of. I'll ...
After my random discovery of this YouTube subculture that embraces sick and twisted fucked up films , I have to say I applaud some of them f...
courtesy of Blackout Haunted House Well a lot has happened since I posted my 2011 review of Blackout Haunted House. Blackout made the f...
Let's talk horror remakes OK? Some people love horror remakes, some don't. Some people fall somewhere in the middle. I'm on...
I recently bought Kentucky Fried Movie for $5. Yup, five measly dollars. John Landis's kooky, spoofy, sketch o rama is still funny toda...
[This is just a review of Blackout Elements. A spoiler filled walkthrough will follow after the show's run ends.] Well if you'r...
- ► 2013 (41)
- ► 2012 (78)
- ► 2011 (156)
- Can't we all just get along? (Racial Satire at its...
- The few, the proud, the Horror Blogger Alliance
- The WTF List: Jennifer's Body
- Birdemic: Shock and Terror (Trailer)
- The Shortround: The Sweet Hand of the White Rose (...
- 5 Supernatural TV Shows You May Have Forgotten
- Nun of That (Review)
- The Shortround: Uncle Jack
- Midnight Movie (Review)
- Shut Yo Mouth! Black Dynamite is out on DVD/Blu-Ra...
- Summer School (Review)
- The Shortround: Suicide Girl and Fewdio Shorts
- A Not So Good Moment in Black Horror Movie History...
- Valentine's Day is better when you scare the one y...
- Bitch Slap (Review)
- The Shortround: Contact (Review)
- Frozen (Review)
- Universal Soldier: Regeneration (Review)
- Babysitter Wanted (Review)
- Is this the end of Fangoria? **UPDATE**
- Is this the end of Fangoria?
- Dollhouse Series Finale "Epitaph 2: The Return" (R...
- ▼ February (22)
- ► 2009 (246)
- ► 2008 (178)
- ► 2007 (21)
2014 Haunted House Reviews
The WTF Lists
2006-2014 The Jaded Viewer. Powered by Blogger.