Friday, February 20, 2009

Most Anticipated Exploitation/Grindhouse Movies of 2009

Every other day, I'm noticing I'm watching a reboot, reimagining or remake of a grindhouse or exploitation flick.

While I'm a big fan of the 42nd Street, gutter, street, vile movies of the 1970s, it's been interesting to see what the indie scene has been doing to make them millennium friendly.

Because of Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez's Grindhouse opening the flood gate to making this subgenre cool again, we've seen a rise in the stylistic homages of old.

Below is a list of the upcoming 2009 exploitation revivals and their equally fucked up trailers.

Enjoy!


If I've missed any, please let me know.

I'm freakin psyched for Black Dynamite. It looks sooo awesome. Which flick are you excited for?


Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

  1. what about the remake for last house on the left!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone hear of Girls Gone Gangsta? www.girlsgonegansta.com It has John Goodman in it. Looks kind of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see Bitch Slap, it looks funny

    ReplyDelete