It may be 164 days until Halloween but I get to experience a haunted house right in middle of the Spring. I was one of 20 or so lucky participants who'll get to partake in Vortex Theater's NYC Haunted House Spring edition. If you haven't heard of them before check out my review and walkthrough.
- 3/21: 3 e-mails with one dot each were sent.
- 3/25: An e-mail with an image that read: "...You've been Chosen" was sent. Go here to view the image.
- 4/1: An e-mail explains: "there are only twenty spots available and sixty-two people invited. so when it starts, it will go fast" Also included was a video: this link.
- 4/13: An e-mail with the rules: Check them out below.
1. FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS AT ALL TIMES.
2. YOU WILL BR PROMPTED TO DO CERTAIN ACTIONS, (i.e. "sit down", "stop", "move forward") PLEASE DO EXACTLY AS YOU'RE TOLD.
THIS IS FOR YOUR SAFETY. IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS, YOU WILL HAVE TO LEAVE.
3. DO NOT EVER TOUCH THE ACTORS.
4. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO SPEAKING, SCREAMING, OR NOISE OF ANY KIND TOLERATED WHILE INSIDE.
5. YOU MUST WALK THROUGH ALONE.
** If we believe that you are not alone or you have someone trailing you, we will stop and you will have to leave. **
6. If you have an emergency and need to stop, please say the word “SAFETY” as loud as you can. The experience will stop and you will be escorted out with no refund. Once you call “SAFETY”, the experience is over. No exceptions.
- 4/15: An e-mail with the location is given. It mysteriously says: "start: Chelsea end: a different part of chelsea"
- 4/22: An e-mail states a unique code will be given to purchase tickets. The date is given: May 21st.
- 4/27: An e-mail with YOUR unique code is sent.
- 5/2: An e-mail explaining how to put in a special code is given.
So there ya have it. The entire buildup was eerily planned and I am one of only 20 people who'll get to experience this unique haunted house in May.
But here's the deal. You'll get to experience it with me. My scheduled time is Saturday, May 21st at 3:45pm. I'll be tweeting as I go along (probably not during the experience but definitely before and after the haunt).
So you can follow along on the jaded viewer's journey by following me on Twitter @jadedviewer. I'll also be posting my thoughts on the jaded viewer Facebook page.
I'll be writing up walkthrough and spoiler review next week as well!
Seriously if it was like last year's Halloween haunt, I'm fuckin scared shitless. If you don't hear from me after this post well....you know what to do.