This week's edition: Japanese Hipsters Edition! This is probably the last of the IS Review-O- Matics. Enjoy.
- Suicide Club - there's lots of turnover in this club. i can't imagine how depressing the club meetings must be. can you guess how this movie ends? only in japan!
- Stacy - another average japanese zombie movie. in sailor moon outfits.
- Pulse - print screeno! otherwise, just a terrible movie.
- Tomie - girl kills boyfriend. dies. gets reincarnated. kills new boyfriend. dies. repeat cycle. wildly ambiguous ending!
- Party 7 - from the makers of funky forest. about a party with 7 people. all of them obnoxious. lots of screaming. lots of posing. a japanese 'jersey shore'.
- Stereo Future - another hipster japanese movie about samurais, oxygen bars, mute girls, and being hopelessly ambivalent. but i liked it anyway.
- Messengers - my favorite quirky japanese film. it's a movie about bike messengers. and the women who love them.
- Eko Eko Azarak series - 3 movies about a japanese teenage witch. a staggering lack of nudity.
- Blister - about japanese otakus/fan boys that fight to the death for a super rare action figure. not that bad. not that good either.